Hello please everybody!
Well, we’ve only 13 days until the World Aeropress Championships 2011. Here is some information for competitors and spectators alike.
- The competition will begin at 2:00pm at the Marco stand, which will be located in the coffee section of the exhibition. All competitors need to be at the stand at 1:30pm for briefing.
- Entrance to HOST is the competitors responsibility.
- There will be 6 rounds of 3 competitors for the preliminary rounds. 1 winner from each round will go through to the semi-finals. There will be 2 semi-finals with 3 competitors in each round. The 2 winners will go head to head in the final round. The running list of competitors will be selected at random and will be announced soon.
- There will be a chance to view all the equipment at the Marco, and have demonstrations of the equipment too on the days prior to the competition. The equipment available will be : Uber boiler, Uber grinder, Marco Pillar (which will have 3 independent dispense points), 2 x scales (not including uber), 1 baratza virtuoso (with esatto attachment).
- Remember you have to use a Kenyan coffee; a Kenyan coffee of your choice.
If you have any more questions, please send an email to Tim Varney.