Here are your 2015 National Aeropress Champions :
|1||Australian||Ben Richardson||Pablo & Rusty’s|
|4||Brazilian||Edgar Martins||Urbe Café|
|5||British Colombia||Michael Ratcliffe||Caffe Artigiano|
|6||Canadian||Nick Hatch||Eight Ounce Coffee|
|7||Chinese||Yin Meng||Yours Coffee|
|8||Czech||Jiri Sladek||Doubleshot Coffee Roastery|
|9||Danish||Hans Kristian Andersen||Copenhagen Coffee Lab|
|10||Dutch||Floris van der Burg||White Label Coffee|
|12||French||Thomas Clement||Café Cuillier|
|13||German||Mateusz Petlinski||Woyton Roastinc|
|14||Hong Kong||Tin Lok Chan||Craft Coffee Roasters|
|15||Hungarian||Szabolcs Schubert||Madal Cafe|
|16||Irish||Grzegorz Wincenty-Cichy||Kilkenny Design Café|
|17||Italian||Davide Berti||La Chichera Café|
|18||Japanese||Tetsu Kasuya||Coffee Factory|
|19||Korean||Kim Seungwan||Team Answer|
|20||Malaysian||Isaac Loh||The Brew Orchestra|
|21||Mexican||Ximena Rubio Hernández||Rococó Café|
|22||New Zealand||BK King||The Return of Rad|
|23||Norwegian||Øystein Tangen Berntsen||Home Barista|
|24||Northern Irish||Jonathan Hickinson||Established Coffee|
|25||Philippino||Kathreen Joy Ong||Habitual Coffee|
|26||Polish||Justyna Urbanska||Cafe Sztuczki|
|27||Scottish||Claire Wallace||Machina Espresso|
|28||Russian||Roman Kantola||City Coffee|
|29||Singaporean||Marvyn Tan||Home Barista|
|30||Slovakia||Lukas Zahradnik||Green Plantation Coffee|
|32||Swiss||Kai Keong Ng||Bear Brothers and Cow|
|33||Taiwanese||Lochun Wang||Daonanguan Coffee Shop|
|34||Turkish||Refika Meral Kortun||Walters Coffee & Roastery|
|35||USA||Rusty Obra||Rusty’s Hawaiian|
Here is the current list of automatic entrants into the 2014 World Aeropress Championships :
1. Chen SiSi (Essence Cafe in ShangHai) – 2014 Chinese Aeropress Champion
2. Kai Keong Ng (Bear Brothers and Cow) – 2014 Swiss Aeropress Champion
3. Aldrin Lumaban (Craft Coffee Revolution) – 2014 Philippine Aeropress Champion
4. Lara San Miguel (Right Side Coffee) – 2014 Spanish Aeropress Champion
5. Luzia Taschler (Machhörndl Kaffee) – 2014 German Aeropress Champion
6. Peter Szalczer – 2014 Hungarian Aeropress Champion
7. Dylan Johnson (Paramount Coffee Project) – 2014 Australian Aeropress Champion
8. Mikkel Selmer (La Cabra Coffee Roasters) – 2014 Danish Aeropress Champion
9. Nicholas Rapp (Flight Coffee) – 2014 New Zealand Aeropress Champion
10. Lukas Soľanič (Borovica Wellness Hotel) – 2014 Czech Aeropress Champion
11. Alep Wolly ( Toby’s Estate Coffee) – 2014 Singapore Aeropress Champion
12. Melodie Hoff (Anomaly) – 2014 French Aeropress Champion
13. Simon Boone (CaffeNation) – 2014 Dutch Aeropress Champion
14. Monika Winiarek (Coffee Angel) – 2014 Irish Aeropress Champion
15. Jeff Verellen (CaffeNation) – 2014 Belgium Aeropress Champion
16. Jeremy Moore (Bonlife Coffee) – 2014 USA Aeropress Champion
17. Oscar Nyman (Perkelator) – 2014 Swedish Aeropress Champion
18. Eystien Veflingstad (Lippe) – 2014 Norwegian Aeropress Champion
19. Samuli Parkkinen (Home Enthusiast) – 2014 Finnish Aeropress Champion
20. Ilona Przewoźniczek (Ministerstwo Kawy) – 2014 Polish Aeropress Champion
21. Shuichi Sasaki (Paul Bassett Coffee) – 2014 Japanese Aeropress Champion
22. David Robson (On the Brew Cafe) – 2014 Scottish Aeropress Champion
23. Gabrielle von Koss (Square Mile Coffee Roasters) – 2014 UK Aeropress Champion
24. Martin Karabiňoš (Dublin Cafe) – 2014 Slovakian Aeropress Champion
25. Davide Spinelli (Work Up) – 2014 Italian Aeropress Champion
26. Daniel Erasmus (Colombo Coffee & Tea) – 2014 South African Aeropress Champion
27. Boris Ortner (Kaffeemodul) – 2014 Austrian Aeropress Champion
Here is the current list of competitors for the 2013 WACs :
- Julia Ślązak (Relaks Cafe, Warsaw) – 2013 Polish Aeropress Champion
- Park Byung-kyu (Coffea Coffee) – 2012 Korean Aeropress Champion
- Isa Verschraegen (Talkhouse Coffee, London) – 2013 UK Aeropress Champion
- Dinh Phong Nguyen (Home Barista) – 2013 Swedish Aeropress Champion
- Andy Sprenger (formally, Ceremony Coffee Roasters, Annapolis) – 2013 US Aeropress Champion
- Mark Ashbridge – 2013 Irish Aeropress Champion
- Jeff Verellen (Caffenation, Antwerp) – 2013 Belgian Aeropress Champion
- Tibor Varady (Espresso Embassy, Budapest) – 2012 Hungarian Aeropress Champion
- Ingri Margrethe Johnsen (Solberg & Hansen, Oslo) – 2012 World Aeropress Championship Runner-Up
- Tobias Mosegaard Jensen (Sigfred’s Kaffebar, Aarhus) – 2013 Danish Brewers Cup Champion
Torfi Þór Torfason (formally The Coffee Collective, Copenhagen) – 2013 Icelandic Barista Champion
- Shinya Okabe (Fukuoka, Japan) – 2013 Japanese Aeropress Champion
- Joseph Liu (Home Barista) – 2013 Victorian Aeropress Championship – 1st place
- Devin Loong (Auction Rooms, Melbourne) – 2013 Victorian Aeropress Championship – 2nd place
- Mitch Hayes (Double Barrel, Sydney) – 2013 New South Wales Aeropress Championship – 1st place
- Junji Tai (Mecca, Sydney) – 2013 New South Wales Aeropress Championship – 2nd place
- Wille Yli-Luoma (Heart Roasters, Portand) – Former Finish Snowboarding Champion
- Jonathan “Sunbear” Chao (Taipei, Taiwan) – WILDCARD ENTRY
Here is the 2012 competitor list :
- United States Aeropress Championship, 1st place – USA
- United States Aeropress Championship, 2nd place – USA
- United States Aeropress Championship, 3rd place – USA
- Emil Eriksson, Swedish Aeropress Champion 2012, Johan & Nyström – Malmö, Sweden
- Piotr Markowski – Polish Aeropress Champion 2012, Cafe My’o’My – Warsaw, Poland
- Charlene De Buysere – Belgium Aeropress Champion 2011/2012, OR COFFEE – Gent, Belgium
- Aidan Knight – Victorian Aeropress Champion 2012, Ora Cafe – Melbourne, Australia
- Cody Smith – BC Aeropress Champion 2012, Black & White Coffee Roasters – Vancouver Island, Canada
- Jussi Laitinen, Finnish Aeropress Champion 2012, Home Barista – Helsinki, Finland
- Raul Rodas, Guatemalan Aeropress Champion 2012, Paradigm Coffee – Guatemala
- Masahiro Onishi, Japanese Aeropress Champion 2012, Honey Coffee – Fukuoka, Japan
- Shaun Young, UK Aeropress Champion 2012, Taylor Street Baristas – London, England
- Lorcan Fagan, Irish Aeropress Champion 2012, Home Barista – Dublin, Ireland
- Olga Melik-Karakozova, Koffein – Moscow, Russia
- Ingri Margrethe Johnsen, Solberg & Hansen – Oslo, Norway
- Casper Engel Rasmussen, The Coffee Collective – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Lee Jong Hoon, Momos Coffee – Busan, Republic of Korea
- WILDCARD ENTRY
The 2011 competitor list…
- Robert Benge, Cafe Cesura – Seattle, USA
- Sauro Dall’Aglio – Bologna, Italy
- Colin Harmon, 3FE – Dublin, Ireland
- Megumi Ueno, Brew Bar Cafe – Belfast, Ireland
- John Stubberud, Kaffee-Alchemie – Salzburg, Austria
- Steve Souphanthong, Social Coffee Company – Ontario, Canada
- Ben Toovey, Genovese Coffee – Melbourne, Australia
- James Hoffmann, Square Mile Coffee Roasters – London, England
- Matthew Davis, AIR Coffee Roasters – Sydney, Australia
- Anne Lunell (using surrogate), Koppi – Helsingborg, Sweden
- Noriko Sunaga, Manly Coffee – Fukuoka, Japan
- John Gordon, Square Mile Coffee Roasters – London, England
- Pavol Csiba, Green Plantation Coffee – Komarno, Slovakia
- Joshua Wismans, Alterra Coffee Roasters – Milwaukee, USA
- Brian W. Jones, Dear Coffee, I Love You – Göteborg, Sweden
- Jeff Verellen, Caffenation – Antwerp, Belgium
- Paweł Trzciński, Java Coffee Company – Warsaw, Poland
- Gwilym Davies, Prufrock – London, England
Here is the final list of competitors from 2010.
We have had an amazing response to the competition, and unfortunately had to select the remaining 10 competitors by random, so if you wanted to compete, but were not selected, our apologies.
- Marie Hagemeister from Europa 1989 – Copenhagen, Denmark. 2010 Danish Aeropress Champion!
- Jeppe Hasager from Behag Din Smag – Ålborg, Denmark. 2nd place in the 2010 Danish Aeropress Championship.
- Ben Kaminsky from Ritual Coffee Roasters – San Francisco, USA. Ben placed 2nd in the 2009 Aeropress Competition. Ben will also be representing the USA in the Cupping Competition.
- Mette-Marie Hansen from Ritual Coffee Roasters – Oslo, Norway. Mie was a finalist in the 2009 Aeropress comp, and competed for Ben Kaminsky as his ‘surrogate’.
- Pete McDonagh from Third Floor Espresso – Dublin, Ireland. As there are limited places in the comp, Colin decided to have an in-house comp. Pete Won!
- James Hoffmann from Square Mile Coffee Roasters – London, England. World Barista Champion boasting a home ground advantage.
- David Walsh from The Other Black Stuff – Dublin, Ireland. Irish Cup Tasting Champion 2010. And he doesn’t even work with coffee.
- Yara Tucek from Doubleshot – Prague, Czech Republic. Currently working as a coffee consultant at Los Lajones in Boquete, Panama.
- Nicholas Cho from Wrecking Ball Coffee Roasters – Washington DC, USA. Normally the guy with the mic, this time he’ll be on show.
- Jannicke Marie Johansen from KAFFA – Oslo, Norway. Missed competing in the Norwegian Barista Championships due to volcano eruptions.
- Anne Lunell from Koppi – Helsingborg, Sweden. Swedish Barista Champion of 2006 and is competing for a 2nd time.
- Stian Horne from KAFFA – Oslo, Norway. Competed in the Norwegian Barista and Cup Tasting Championship in 2010.
- James Phillips from Dose Espresso – Punakaiki, New Zealand. Is the man behind Dose Espresso in London.
- Allan Juhl from Kontra Coffee – Copenhagen, Denmark. 2010 Danish Home Barista Champion and 2010 Danish Aeropress Comp competitor.
- Josh Hockin from Transcend Coffee – Edmonton, Canada. Transcend’s Director of Training and Quality Control and a Canadian Barista Competition competitor.
- Bridget Amor from Seven Seeds – Melbourne, Australia. One of the masterminds behind Seven Seeds and Brother Baba Budan.
- Jeff Verrellen from Caffenation – Antwerp, Belgium. Roaster for Caffenation and currently developing the automatic Aeropress brewer!
- Samuli Ronkanen from Smulfhunter – Helsinki, Finland. Home Aeropress enthusiast and competitor in the 2009 Championships.
- Stephen Leighton from Has Bean Coffee – Stafford, England. Owner and Roaster at Has Bean Coffee and über blogger.
- Steve Souphanthong from Social Coffee & Tea Company – Ontario, Canada. Part of the team who came 2nd in the 2010 International Roasters Choice Competition.
- Kevin du Plessis from The Bean Shop – Dundee, South Africa. Roasts from home for The Bean Shop in Perth, Scotland.
- Jakub Hartl from PRO Caffé – Prague, Czech Republic. One of the pros working at PRO Caffé in Prague.
- Chris Kavrakos from Barista Academy – Athens, Greece. Barista trainer who placed 3rd in the 2010 Hellenic Barista Championship.
- Alexander Scheen Jensen from Solberg & Hansen – Oslo, Norway. Placed 3rd in the 2009 World Aeropress Championship. Ingri Johnsen, a former WAC judge, will be Alex’s surrogate.